These 8 Sayings From (Smart) Investors Might Just Change How You Do Business
- Money is like manure. Pile it up and it begins to stink. Spread it around and you see things start to grow.
- You’ve never met a radically generous man who is unhappy.
- Debt is bad. Saving is good. Giving is fun. Stuff is meaningless.
- Deals are like buses; a new one comes around every thirty minutes.
- Do more of what works. Stop doing what doesn’t work.
- In your twenties, you think you know everything. In your thirties, you think you know nothing. In your forties, you realize you know one thing. And in your fifties, you finally do it.
- You’ll make more money saying NO than saying YES.
- Better to go fishing for the day than to do work that makes you no money, or even worse, costs you money.
We make business more complicated than it needs to be. That is why talking to wiser, more seasoned leaders is essential for growth as a maker. More of than not that wisdom is found with those who are older, who work the land or a small but thriving enterprise, and who have deeply rooted their lives in the things that matter most. The quotes above are from some of those individuals — smart, savvy, seasoned, and yet very clear about what is real and what is nonsense in business.
©Aspiration Entertainment, 2020